On this page
I am worried about my pay and working conditions
You could be experiencing workplace exploitation if:
- your employer is not paying you what you have agreed
- you are not being allowed breaks or time off
- you are not being given proper equipment to do your job safely
- you are working under unsafe or unhygienic conditions
- you are being threatened with or experiencing violence or your employer has taken your identity documents or passport.
For more information and support
Gangmasters & Labour Abuse Authority
They are the government agency responsible for protecting workers from exploitation. You can call them anonymously 0800 432 0804
If you are undocumented, this may not be the best option for you
If you would rather contact an independent charity for information and support, you can call:
Modern Slavery Helpline
Call 0800 121 7000.
They can advise you on your rights as a potential victim of exploitation in the UK, regardless of your immigration status. They provide support in a number of languages and calls are confidential.
If you are unsure about your rights at work, you can contact Acas who are a government run helpline that also supports workers and employers to resolve workplace issues.
0300 123 1100 ww.acas.org.uk
Other sources of information
You can also find information about your rights at work through: