The BME Women’s Community Leadership Programme is designed to facilitate and support the development of BME women as community leaders to create change in their local contexts. The programme was created in response to a need to provide competent and holistic services to BME women, who have an active role in transforming their own lives and their communities.
RCC have created the project to support Black and ‘Minority Ethnic’ (BME) women and girls across England. RCC ensure that BME women and girls in England have access and knowledge of services that will respond to their needs. The Real Change Collective (RCC) is a newly established partnership between six organisations:
- Arhag Housing Association
- Praxis Community Projects
- Doctors of the World
- Iranian & Kurdish Women’s Rights Organisation (IKWRO)
- Migrants’ Rights Network (MRN)
- The programme is FREE, with local travel expenses covered.
- It will be delivered in Manchester and Sheffield
- It will run for 6 weeks (one session per week), with an outreach/ celebration day at the end
- Participants are required to complete a programme workbook for accreditation.
- BME women, aged 20 and over
- Local to the area (Manchester or Sheffield)
- An interest in creating change for their local community.
Please note – this course is being delivered in English, in both written and spoken. If you have any questions regarding this, please do not hesitate to contact us via the email below.
If you are interested in joining the programme or have any questions, please contact us via email – [email protected]