With the General Election looming, we want to ensure all eligible migrant/ refugees and those from BME background are registered to vote.
Voter Registration Drive & Open Day on 19 November 2019, 10-4pm.
What you can expect on the day?:
- Assistance in registering to vote (all you need is your National Insurance number)
- Benefits and welfare advice
- Employment support
- Signposting to other services such as immigration advice & healthcare access
We will be offering hot food and refreshments too.
Please note: This coalition is a non-political and non-partisan group
Who Can Vote?
On 12 December 2019, there will be a UK General Election. To vote in a UK general election, a person must be registered to vote and also:
- be 18 or over
- be a British citizen, a qualifying Commonwealth citizen or a citizen of the Republic of Ireland
- not be subject to any legal incapacity to vote
For more information, check out our ‘Can I Vote’ page or on the Electoral Commission website here: electoralcommission.org.uk/i-am-a/voter/which-elections-can-i-vote
Before you can vote, you must first register to vote. You must do this before 26 November 2019!
The process is simple and only takes 5 minutes.
You can register online at https://www.gov.uk/register-to-vote