The Bike Project takes second-hand bikes, fixes them up, and donates them to refugees and asylum seekers. Some of the bikes that the Project receive go on to be sold through The Bike Shop, which ensures long term sustainability.
The Bike Projects need volunteers to help their Herne Hill HQ office, as behind the scenes there is a lot of preparation and follow up work that goes in to running weekly bike donation sessions.
Volunteers will need to be available for:
1) Introduction and a volunteer training session
2) A regular weekly shift of up to 6 hours – usually between 9am and 5pm – ideally able to commit for approximately 3 months
You’ll need to be the kind of person who:
1) Enjoys learning new things
2) Works well as a part of a team
3) Has IT skills and admin experience
4) Has attention to detail
The Bike Project can offer you:
The chance to be part of a small sociable team who are dedicated to providing bikes to refugees and asylum seekers to help with the cost of transport in London. You will also have the opportunity to improve your IT skills, gain valuable office experience and, of course, increase your bike knowledge!
We also offer as much tea and coffee as you can drink as well as an expense budget for travel and lunch money if required.
To apply, get in touch via the project’s website.