The UK House of Lords Select Committee on Citizenship and Civic Engagement has called for evidence to be submitted by 8 September 2017.
Questions the committee will be looking at include:
- The meaning of citizenship and civic engagement in the 21st Century
- The rights and responsibilities attached to citizenship
- The state of citizenship education and the role that it plays in creating active citizens
- The role of voluntary citizenship schemes such as the National Citizen Service
- The ways society can support civic engagement and the role of Government and Parliament in supporting that
- The values that all of us who live in Britain should share and support
- The relationship between civic engagement and social cohesion
Informal submission can be sent in by email videos, blog posts, poems, posters, postcards, cartoons or even music to [email protected] by 30 November 2017.