A new project has launched aiming to ensure that refugees’ voices are properly represented and respected in and by the media.
The project organisers are especially looking for refugee groups at all levels who would like to be involved.
The project will publish a report with
- the results of media monitoring
- guidelines or codes of conduct for media professionals to engage with refugees,.
The project has three main strands:
- media monitoring by volunteers in a number of European countries;
- engagement with refugee-led organisations/groups
- engagement with media professionals